Ads

Sunday, June 30, 2019

2019-25 || FETS WHISKEY KITCHEN

It's been a week of ups and downs, and amidst all of the drama, at least I had the comfort of lots of new food experiences. We had H's birthday dinner at Fets Whiskey Kitchen:


They have a full wall of different whiskeys, from floor to ceiling, any type of whiskey your heart could desire! I had the negroni (bottom left corner), because it was negroni week, and all the advertisements pasted on their bathroom walls, and inserted into the front of the menu, looked pretty delicious. It was pretty delicious.

We had the cornbread pulled pork sliders, the jambalaya, and the mussels (the dish is officially named Moules Marnière.. fancy!). I would not order the sliders again, unless I also had a large beverage to wash it down with, since corn bread is so dry. It's just an inherent trait of corn bread to be dry, and I would not fault them for it. Where does one find moist corn bread?

The only complaint I have about the mussels is that they should have told me to order one for myself, instead of sharing with H.

The jambalaya was perfect, the rice was cooked through and soaked up all the sauce, which takes some patience. It was spicy, but not to the point where I didn't want to go back for more. This really satisfied my jambalaya craving, and I'm glad we discovered this dish here so close to home.

Fets Whisky Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato





And after a great Tuesday, I could feel things sliding downhill. What else happened this week?

Maybe I've been working too much (or not efficiently enough), and it's just exhausting to not connect with real people that I actually know. Also, there's a lot of people creating noise about the changes around the workplace, and I don't have the capacity to empathize with them. Nothing against conversations about non-work topics, but if the conversation lasts 30 minutes or more, perhaps take it down a notch or take it outside. Perhaps it's social media, which apparently also diminishes the ability to empathize, and comparing my experiences with what I'm seeing on the screen (FOMO is real).

Anyways, happy birthday to my lovely future husband. Thanks for putting up with me this week, while I numb my emotions by catching up on all the latest episodes of Jane the Virgin.

No comments:

Post a Comment