Ads

Saturday, June 22, 2019

2019-24 || FLEXING MY HAPPINESS MUSCLE

D officially left the company, and announced his new job. Reminds me of the time we had dinner at Charlie, Don't Surf. Here's a photo of the dry ribs and a sliver of the plate of calamari that we devoured, while chatting about the news: 


Clearly, these appetizers were good, because they disappeared quickly, and I almost forgot to take a photo. The calamari were some of the crispiest that I've had recently, and the dry ribs were not too chewy, fell off the bones easily.

The service did not move as quickly as we ate those delicious ribs. It felt like an eternity before this plate of average jambalaya (flavor? hello? where were the chorizo slices?) appeared in front of me.


Good thing we had good company and interesting topics to discuss, and did not mind the wait. H had the ahi tuna club, which I took a few bites of. I don't remember tasting the ahi tuna, because the bacon and sauces were overpowering.


Closed the meal off with this chocolate brownie and giant scoop of vanilla ice cream (no complaints about this, it was good):


I would come back for the appetizers, but would not expect too much from the rest of the menu, including the drinks, and definitely low expectations for the service, which was probably exceptionally slow because the restaurant was packed. This area usually gets too busy when the weather starts to turn nice, as it is a beautiful spot to stroll along the pier in the evenings and catch the sunset.

Charlie Don't Surf Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Other than eating, I've been going to yoga, getting fresh air, really trying to work out my happiness muscles lately. Forget the stressful moments, stop wasting time remembering the embarrassing things I say or do, and practice being happy... Maybe this helped me survive this week, which turned out to be a productive one for wedding planning, starting with a wedding dress fitting, sending out wedding invites, and going for an engagement photo shoot at Lynn Canyon. The work never ends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment