Ads

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

2022-40 || it's a good day

We visited H-Mart a while ago to grab a quick lunch, after a trip to IKEA, and I picked up the inari from their prepared foods: 


Chopped scallop on the left, tuna on the top right, and crab salad on the bottom. Don't they look delicious? 

These were already waiting in a glass display case for a hungry customer, and for about $4 a piece, they were not all that filling. I don't think I would repurchase at full price, but I do hear they have discounts on day old food. 

The kids were waiting impatiently in the car with H, while I ran around H-Mart like a mad woman. I miss the days when we could take a leisurely stroll around a grocery store, meander through the snack aisles, and not worry about the deafening screams coming from the back seat because we've missed nap time by ten minutes. 

I also miss the days when I didn't have to clean up poop and vomit from the floors, because the entire family was hit with the stomach flu and we were out for almost a week. Yesterday was the worst of it, as H stayed in bed all day, and I ran around trying to keep the kids hydrated, fed, and clean, while fighting off the virus. I could feel my stomach churning, and even though I had lots of layers on, I was getting bone aching chills. Mothers are too busy to get sick. 

I'm just grateful S is potty trained, and did all of her number two's in the potty. Also grateful that my parents could come and help with the kids, so that I could also rest. 

Otherwise, life is looking up. I'm starting to feel more energized to work on other projects after the sh**show of the past few days. It's a good day when I don't have to clean up poop and puke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment