Ads

Saturday, April 22, 2017

HAPPY EARTH DAY 2017

7:11AM – Wake up, check Instagram… Right. Earth Day today. H just got off work, but doesn’t pick up his phone when I call… Sometimes. Anyways.
7:19AM – H calls me back! I get out of bed, and get coffee #1 from the Nespresso machine.
8:00AM – Girlboss marathon starts.
9:37AM – Crap, going to have to drive fast to get to Yyoga.
11:27AM – Best yoga place ever – clean and lots of hot water. Unlike at home, where my boiler is slowly failing. Back to Girlboss.
1:20PM – The bus will be here soon, but… I’ll just skip through this last episode…
1:30PM - Gotta get to Nemesis!
2:00PM – Another Translink fail. What happened to the Skytrain today?
2:15PM – @Nemesis:

I had the heirloom grits…
Nemesis

and a latte with whole milk, because they don’t have 2% or skim…

Nemesis

I guess they control calories through smaller food portions. I mean, it was great and all, very fresh, loved the mint and so much flavor in each bite, but the whole thing cost $17. Not sure if I can come back. I tried a bit of their tomato jam, which looked very unappetizing by the way. M seemed to like her coffee and bacon scone. C had a cappuccino, which I think I should’ve ordered to avoid all the fatty milk. Overall, I wouldn’t go out of my way to come back, because there are a few other (better?) brunch and coffee shops in the neighborhood. Perhaps I had set my standards too high, because the reviews have been so good.

IMG_20170422_183810_634
Nemesis Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Went up to visit C’s brother’s apartment, and what a view! Another pro of living in a downtown apartment.

IMG_20170422_174629_688

Still not sure what my role is in this mission to save the world from overheating. It’s hard to boycott all the things that are slowly killing the planet, because it’s just so convenient to not be conscientious about it. We’re all here for such a short time, and it would be so easy to just ignore all the devastating storms occurring around the world, the floods, the hurricanes. I shouldn’t suffer all this stress over something I can’t control, but I always tend to stress about the uncontrollable. I’ve heard that we can all do our fair share, and our small contribution will be a part of the world wide movement. Not sure about that because the large oil corporations and the governments seem pretty manipulative… Maybe one day, we will think of using coal and fracking the same way as smoking cigarettes.

Maybe it’s time to donate some money to help out organizations who are fighting climate change. Leo Dicaprio seems to support a few different ones.

A post shared by VICELAND (@viceland) on

No comments:

Post a Comment