Ads

Saturday, December 3, 2022

2022-39 || is it ever over?

Is it really over? Will we have more house related problems? I'm sure we will, that's life and our house is old. The inspection was two weeks ago, and I haven't even had time to breathe a sigh of relief because kids. Everybody is once again sick (but in a manageable way, not like the last time when we visited the hospital). S is pushing boundaries more than ever and baby P is learning to voice his opinions. 

I always find comfort in chocolate chip cookies though. This one is from To Live For, a completely vegan bakery that recently opened in East Vancouver. They have been supplying coffee shops and other stores for a while now, but finally have their own cafe. 


It is unbelievable that this cookie is fully vegan. no eggs, butter, or any animal by product. How is this possible?! It's not my favourite chocolate chip cookie, but it sure comes close. The texture is crispier than I usually like, but flavor is on point. Lots of (vegan!!!!) chocolate chips. Prior to the chocolate chip cookies, I've tried the lemon loaf, and it was even better than any loaf made with real butter. I still can't believe butter is not on their ingredients list. 

We got this cookie to go, but I'd love to hang out at their beautiful cafe soon. Maybe when I return to work and have to escape the children... 

No comments:

Post a Comment