Ads

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

2019-26 || THE PROBLEM IS THE WAY

One of my favourite ways to spend a Saturday in Vancouver is to visit the Trout Lake farmer's market, pick up some fresh sugar snap peas from a local farmer, run the rest of my errands, and find a chill place to get coffee and pastry. This weekend was one of those, where I had time to stroll down through the stalls at the market, and eventually ended up at Caffe La Tana


I thought it was more of a grab and go coffee shop, but clearly, I should have done better research on Italian style cafes, and planned ahead for their fresh pasta, made in house. Instead, all I had time to do was order a bombolini with Nutella cream and cappuccino to go. It was hard to leave behind the beautifully decorated cafe, and the bench out front was calling to me to sit and relax, but I had to go. I brought my treats home to enjoy, while I did the laundry. Adulting means sacrifices, and sometimes, that means sipping coffee in between loading the washer and folding the socks.


The coffee was apparently a special roast by JJ Bean (not sure if this is still true? Fact check me, please), and I liked how strong it was. Pow, woke me right up. The little bombolini was really too small. I'm used to American sized portions after all the traveling to the south! Each crumb was delicious, while it lasted.

Caffe La Tana Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I felt like I had to learn more about this place, and did a bit of research into its origins. Turns out they're part of the Savio Volpe group. As I check off one place from my list of places to go, another one gets added... There isn't enough time in a day to work full time, plan a wedding, and do all the other extracurricular activities!

Time to quit the full time to make way for doing things I love? Maybe not yet, because I'd rather just take a break instead of quit, and eventually, the problems will get fixed (not necessarily by me, but like Justin Trudeau said, "The books will balance themselves"). But just like the restaurants on my list, once a problem gets fixed, another one pops up. It never ends. Did they even use their brains to think about it first? It still amazes me when I meet these big picture thinkers and talkers, some who are running the show, because I feel like I have a lot to learn in terms of forgetting how to double check the finer details.

No comments:

Post a Comment