Ads

Saturday, July 10, 2021

2021-27 || lavender

H is the sentimental type. He loves writing thoughtful messages on cards, printing photos to frame, creating sappy social media posts, so I'm surprised it took us over a year to have our family photo taken. We visited Lavenderland in Richmond, along Steveston Highway, and asked some of his closest friends, D and T, to help us take photos. It was surprisingly fun, wandering and frolicking through the lavender bushes. 

They've also partnered up with Blackball to create lavender flavored bubbletea options, which they were selling at the park entrance: 


H and I shared the lavender yogurt with coconut jelly, while D and T both had the lavender milk tea. $7 for a very refreshing beverage, with a creative recipe using their locally grown lavender, which is worth trying at least once.  

We gave Baby S a tiny sip, and she liked it too. 

We got home around 5PM, had dinner, put the baby to bed, and were settling in to watch a movie, when my parents showed up at our doorstep unannounced. The drop by is frankly a bit rude these days! Back in the day without internet or a phone, it would make sense for people to knock on your door to say hello and physically check in on your well-being. 

It's not even that I ignore them when they message or call, because I always reply or call back if I miss their call. I value my privacy at home, and I would appreciate the heads up. Not that I have anything to hide, and they are my parents, so I don't care if they judge me for whatever I'm doing at home, but it does feel extremely intrusive. This is why we didn't want to live in the same house, and it seems that being 10 minutes away is no longer cutting it.  

I didn't let them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment