Ads

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

2021-26 || we survived


We survived the hottest day in the history of Vancouver!

H and I took baby S to take refuge at BS's place, where they have centralized air conditioning at home. It's much more efficient than us going out to buy a new AC unit, which probably wouldn't even dent the heat in our house. I needed a break in the middle of the day to get a coffee, and originally planned to drop by JJ Bean for a nice cold shiver (it's like a Tim Hortons ice cap, but with real coffee, thus better). Instead, they suggested we visit The Mighty Oak


The Mighty Oak Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

They were out of cold brew, and we ended up getting iced beverages instead. The total for our iced latte and iced americano came to just around $10. 


I liked it, but inside the shop, it was missing a bit of character, so I probably wouldn't go back to hang out. The inside seemed quite clean, with shiny countertops, but it felt like the materials were cheaply chosen and just was missing that hint of classy hipster coffee shop vibe. The coffee was good though, so I wouldn't mind going for a pick me up during the day, if I happen to be in the neighborhood. 

Baby S was so drained that she fell asleep in less than 5 minutes while we were out with her in the stroller. Now that the heat wave is over, I think I'll finally get a good night's rest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment