Ads

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

2021-28 || L is for Latte

Last weekend, we went met up with my cousin and her kids at Trout Lake for the farmer's market, in search of food trucks and fresh produce. At first glance, I was not too interested in any of the food options, mostly because the heat had drained my appetite, but as I ran around and played with my cousin's kids, I realized I needed sugar to keep up with them. Luckily, The Brownie Bakers were right there, and they had a cheesecake and latte combo for $9.70:    


I chose the cheesecake brownie flavor, one of their latest inventions, which I thought H would really enjoy since he is a lover of cheesecake. After paying with the tap option and waiting just a few short seconds for the latte to be made, I had my iced latte in one hand, and a small paperbag with the brownie in the other, and I happily walked back to my picnic blanket and pop up sunshade (amazingly convenient and portable tool for picnics with kids). 

Sat down, opened the paper bag, and was disappointed to find a thin little brownie inside... I guess my expectation of a brownie was something like this: 


But it came out to be maybe 1/3 of that thickness, and did not look like the mouthwatering dense brownie I had in mind. Oh well, I had already paid for it, so what else could I do except take a big bite? 

It was a delightful brownie, and it paired so well with the latte! 

Definitely recommend. If you're going to buy a fancy coffee and baked good in Vancouver, this is definitely the same value as any other established coffee shop. I will be keeping an eye out for this one next time we come to the farmers' market.   

Now that the temperature has cooled off to less than 30

°

C, life feels more manageable. There's a slight breeze coming through my open window, and I'm going to enjoy it before the wildfire smoke gets here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment