Ads

Monday, January 2, 2023

2023-01 || same same

The kids got sick once again, and the timing couldn't have been worse. S started around the 23rd, and baby P felt sick a day or two after. That meant we missed all the holiday parties and did not see any of our extended friends and family. The only good part for me was that S actually took naps willingly.

During one of those naps, we got the grandparents in and snuck out to the 49th Parallel in North Vancouver. 

This was their Yule Log donut, which looked like a long John with some red and white sprinkles on top. I thought it might possibly peppermint candy on top...?

When I bit into the donut, the filling surprised me! 

What is this pink and yellow custard?! I had to focus on my taste buds to figure out that the pink might be a raspberry jam, and the yellow was... something sweet. It didn't have much flavor. The dough was nice and chewy, but didn't taste as fresh as the donuts from Fox and Oak in Squamish. 

Coffee though was nice and strong. Punch me in the face level of strong coffee, which H and I needed because we were drained.

Before I became a parent, I would listen to other people talk about their kids getting sick but nobody ever truly helped me realize how soul sucking and draining it is to take care of sick kids, especially when you're also sick and cannot rest. Maybe they didn't want to scare us from having kids. Or maybe they didn't actually think it was so difficult. Or maybe I'm not parenting correctly...?! 

Time to start work tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment