Ads

Thursday, August 27, 2020

2020-34 || my new normal

So much take out this month! I feel really bad for all the containers that we have been throwing away, and have been trying to rinse out and recycle as many of the plastic ones as possible.

Unfortunately, we could not do that with the food from Pho Vy:



H went to pick this up by himself, and when he came home, he was beyond excited to dig in. 

"I could smell the herbs and flavors from outside the restaurant! It must be good!"

The round container in the middle was the pho, containing many, many pieces of thick brisket and flank. The soup came in a separate container, to be poured on top of the noodles.  I did not feel super thirsty after devouring all the noods and meat, usually a good indication that they don't use a lot of MSG. I did notice there was a deep layer of fat floating on top of the leftover soup that I did not drink.  

Pho Vy Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Oh well, I took a longer walk the next day to try to unclog my arteries. 

Don't get the spring rolls, they're not very crispy, possibly because they are meant to be eaten in the restaurant. Salad rolls are safe though, as they still tasted fresh.  

H had the rice with the lemon grass chicken. It was so good that he wanted it again the next night. 

Other than lots of take out and wearing masks in public, baby S is adding to my new normal. The other night, I checked in on her after about 30 minutes of putting her down in bed, and saw from the doorway that she had snuck an arm out of her swaddle. She was just gurgling to herself, clearly pleased with herself for being able to escape the swaddle. As I stepped closer and turned on the bedside light, she tilted her head over to see who it was. Noticing it's her mom, she smiled an adorable, guilty little grin. 

I couldn't help laughing, because this seems like something I would do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment