Ads

Sunday, August 23, 2020

2020-34 || COFFEE IS THE GATEWAY TO A BEAUTIFUL DAY


My daily routine in Victoria revolves around baby S's meal and nap times. I'll wake up to feed her at whatever time she deems appropriate (usually between 5:30AM and 8AM), and because she's most alert after this meal, we'll try to tire her out with some outside stimulation by heading out for a walk. Usually, I'll forget to feed myself, because I'm so excited to go out and explore the coffee scene in Victoria. 


There are actually quite a few within walking distance in this neighbourhood. The first one we came across was Habit in the Chinatown location. I was excited to see that they offer oat milk, and ordered their iced oat milk latte.

Habit Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I prefer JJ Bean's oat milk, but this is acceptable for now. The pastry selection in their display case did not look too appealing, so next time, I will try to remember to grab a bite before returning.

If only social distancing isn't a thing right now, because I would have loved to enjoy this oat milk latte in a glass, and just hang out in the cafe for a while. The art and whimsical decoration in the cafe would be a nice change of scenery from the hotel room.

What am I doing with all the energy from the caffeine buzz? 

Absorbing all the home renovation and interior design lessons from HGTV, and thinking about which walls to knock down to create a more open floor plan... Title credits to Aben Eubanks during an episode of HGTV's Property Brothers (Striking the Right Chord). 

No comments:

Post a Comment