Ads

Monday, August 31, 2020

2020-36 || uncertainty

Been feeling a bit low energy lately. The only way to get me out of the hotel is to entice me with beautiful pastries:  


We visited Crust Bakery on an early morning walk to pick up pastries for breakfast.  Because of the COVID-19 restrictions and the small square footage of their store, customers were lining up outside and a small crowd had formed. The line moved quickly enough, and most people were civil, other than the couple who snuck in quietly and wanted to use their bathroom ("If you don't let him use the bathroom, he's going to go right now on your floor" - some woman).  

Crust Bakery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

We ordered the berry tart, a raspberry jelly donut, a chocolate cronut, a blueberry danish, and a zucchini dill quiche.  

The berry tart had a really delicious custard, and I loved the quiche, mainly because dill is one of my favourite herbs.

The cronut was just so-so, nothing too special: 


I would not repurchase the jelly donut, because there wasn't enough jelly inside, it cost $4, and I could get a better one for less at Duffin's.  


 

Overall a good experience, but I won't be returning on this trip, because it's a tad overpriced for the quality.  Everything looked better than they tasted. Not that they taste bad, but they just look really really pretty. If I want to look at food though, I'll just stand outside and admire their display, or scroll through my Instagram feed.

My back has started to hurt because of lifting baby S using the wrong posture, and because of the uncomfortable hotel bed. Not to mention, it's the first day of September tomorrow! Why haven't we seen more progress with our properties (renovations, sales, etc.)? Will buying a larger house with a backyard help us feel happier? Would I prefer to travel to travel? Will it even be safe to travel in the near future? 

Need a fast forward button to skip to the ending. 


No comments:

Post a Comment