Ads

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

2019-38 || MARUTAMA RAMEN @ METROTOWN

Went for ramen with J at the Marutama by Metrotown: 


Marutama Ra-men Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



This was back in late summer, early fall time of 2019, when they just opened. The line up was out the door, and wait time was close to 45 minutes. We were planning to hang out anyways, so we stood around with the rest of the crowd. It was not the best spot to hang out, nowhere to sit and rather dusty from all the traffic. J and I were there to catch up, so we didn't mind standing with the rest of the crowd along Kingsway. Go with somebody that you don't hate.

Was it worth the wait?

It's different.

And not that I hated it! It's just not the usual fatty ramen that I would choose. I had the tamago ramen, which uses a chicken broth and comparatively blander. I was really hungry too. The standard ramen portion just was not enough to fill me up...

I wouldn't wait for this again. There are plenty of other good ramen spots around town.

Is there still a long line up?

After H and I tied the knot in early September 2019, we went on our honeymoon to Japan, where it was ramen overload. Maybe I'll do a series on that trip later, but I have become so unorganized with photos and food notes these past few months. I ended up becoming busier after all the wedding planning ended! I hear this is not not the norm, but more than a few things happened... I'll elaborate in my next post, as I'm going to go back to playing Animal Crossing now.


No comments:

Post a Comment