Ads

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

2019-37 || OHYAMA RAMEN

Of course, we had more than one meal out while at Whistler, because who wants to cook after hiking all day? 

We went to Ohyama Ramen:


The stormy weather was perfect for a hearty bowl of pork chashu miso ramen. H had the Big Mountain (top right), and I had the basic with an added egg. Then, we added the gyoza and beer combo, which you can see on the top left corner. Adding the gyoza and beer was the best decision I made that day.


I would suggest that they heat the soup hotter, and use fattier meat, for an even thicker flavour and more soul warming texture. Eggs were good, but cost an extra $2.50. If you don't particularly like eggs cooked this way, then please don't order it, because this one won't change your mind either. For a ramen shop in the middle of a vacation resort town, I would say that the quality is pretty good and I'd come back next time, especially after a day of skiing or being in the cold.

Ohyama Ramen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


I'm starting to get a feeling that something new is about to begin. Maybe it's the changing weather, which brings up memories of starting a new school year and I was also excited for new books, new classes, new opportunities... As H and I fall back into our routine after 2 weeks of vacation and getting married, I'm looking forward to having some quality time, doing nothing together.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment