Ads

Sunday, May 6, 2018

2018-19 OPEN WINDOW SEASON

C and I came here on Friday after work, because we heard they had a good whiskey soda highball:

jinya ramen

They use “premium soda” with Suntory whiskey from Japan, which apparently is a big thing over there. This was great for cooling off, after walking around downtown. Maybe it’s just my tastebuds, but I thought they could have added more whiskey.

The server recommended that we order the brussel sprout tempura that they coat with truffle oil. We were pleasantly surprised by what a great match it was with the whiskey. The crispiness was ten out of ten.

jinya ramen

I was looking for the traditional miso ramen that most ramen shops offer, but was disappointed that they only had a spicy miso and did not really have the basics… Ended up getting the Tonkotsu Black. I don’t really enjoy this style of ramen, where the soup gets way too thick and greasy. The broth was warm, but not really the right temperature. The egg was included with the overpriced ramen, and we did not need to order it as a side, unlike many other ramen places, but I thought the egg yolk wasn’t quite runny enough. Did I leave it in the lukewarm broth too long? Probably not possible for it to cook more at that temperature. Their ramen just isn’t one of my favourites.

JINYA Ramen Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I would go back for the brussel sprouts and the whiskey highball, but I’d order a double. I enjoyed this meal a lot, despite the janky ramen, because I had some one on one time with C, who always patiently listens to me rant on and on… I have a lot of things on my mind lately!

There has also been a lot of good news to celebrate and talk about this week. Hard work from earlier this year might be starting to pay off, and so many announcements! Love is in the air!  J&K got married! New beginnings!

This year started out sort of average, and as the weeks go by, it seems like things are really picking up steam.

Especially the temperature. Tonight might also be the first night of the year that we sleep with the window open, because the temperature is getting up there.

Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment