Ads

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

2018-17 BACK TO THE NOW

Everybody wanted to hang out when we got back home, most of all H’s mom. We went to Cafe Savoureux, one of her favourite spots in Richmond to relax with a cup of coffee:

Cafe Savoureux

We had a piece of the chestnut cake and a blueberry cheesecake. The chestnut cake was average, I wouldn’t go back for it, but the cheesecake was bomb! Would highly recommend. I had it with the Naporitano (an Americano with lemon), which was another first… Not sure if it’s traditionally made that way, but I quite enjoyed it. It reminded me of the time we had espresso and tonic water in Nanaimo. H’s mom had the latte. H had a pourover (not pictured), which he didn’t complain about. Apart from the really great cake, the shop was cozy but not overcrowded on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I think it does get much busier in the evenings, when the cravings for something sweet kick in.

Cafe Savoureux Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I had only visited this cafe one other time before, and I can’t recall with who, but it was definitely not as good before. This really did make me believe even more that the company is more important than the food. It’s also possible that the cafe staff just picked up the slack and improved over the years. Either way, it was a good place to meet and start talking wedding.

The day after was the annual Sun Run. 1 hour 8 minutes 48 seconds. A bit slower than before, but not bad for a year of not exercising enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment