Ads

Sunday, January 16, 2022

2022-03 || milk and honey cafe

In addition to hunting down the best matcha latte in Vancouver (and surrounding areas), I am also having some wild dessert waffle cravings, and have been dreaming about a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream on a crispy waffle. As mentioned in last week's post, I really wanted to eat somewhere that has waffles with ice cream. Thus, the hunt for the best waffles in Vancouver begins.



This was from a fairly low key spot in South Vancouver, called Milk and Honey Cafe, which opened just before COVID hit. It's in the middle of a residential area, and I wouldn't have found it if not for the Internet. I can't say the matcha latte was my favourite, but the waffles and ice cream hit the spot. This is the apple and peaches flavour, with lots of cinnamon spices. There was one other table with two guests, and they had ordered the lemongrass chicken waffles, which smelled and looked AMAZING. Next time, when I'm feeling like savoury waffles, I'll be sure to swing by again. 

Makes me happy to have located this hidden away spot.

Also makes me happy to have survived yet another week of work and toddler tantrums. Did I do everything that I said I would? 

  1. Clean shoes
  2. Eat somewhere that has ice cream on top of waffles
  3. Call certain customers who have multiple locations, until I get a hold of them, so that I can reach my targets at work :) 

Looks like the only thing I did this week was eat, but I swear I've done so much more, like get my COVID-19 booster, and celebrate my and my parents' birthdays (more on this in future as there were lots of pastries involved that I'd like to discuss). It's also been rough with Mercury in retrograde, and being 30 weeks pregnant! Ah well, tomorrow is the start of another week (sorry to any of you who start your week on Sundays), so here's a new list: 

  1. Clean shoes (for the 3rd week in a row!)
  2. Call customers with multiple locations until I reach them
  3. Figure out how to get library books on my new second hand Kobo (birthday gift from H)
  4. Put up the shower hooks that were purchased at the beginning of the year
  5. Take 10 minutes to do yoga or go for a walk every day




No comments:

Post a Comment