Ads

Sunday, January 23, 2022

2022-04 || rollercoaster

Another COVID birthday in isolation. Grateful to have thoughtful friends, like M, who sent me some mini pies from Peaked Pies


Check out the variety! 


Each flavour is labeled on the box, underneath the pies. I actually did not sample each one - my mom had some, H took a lot of them to work for his morning coffee, but the ones that I did get a bite of were top notch, as expected. The Vietnamese coffee flavour was very creamy, with a cookie crumble crust. My favourite was key lime, possibly because my current pregnancy cravings are for citrusy flavours. Would not recommending reheating the ones with cream, but all other ones with fruity jams were fabulous after reheating in the air fryer. 

My appetite has diminished significantly, after officially entering the 3rd trimester. While I feel hungry, I can't eat very much, and I also forget to make time to eat while plugging away at work. I feel that this job requires a fairly stable mood, and usually, I would be fine, but being pregnant makes my moods more unpredictable. Small things can set me off, like the doctor asking me if I have enough support at home, looking at old baby photos, and even watching a movie where new parents are picking out a name for their baby. 

I am allowed to feel emotions, but I also can't deny that hormones are playing a huge part in my rollercoaster moods and lack of motivation this week, but still managed to get some things done!
  1. Clean shoes (for the 3rd week in a row!)
  2. Call customers with multiple locations until I reach them (I reached some of them...)
  3. Figure out how to get library books on my new second hand Kobo (birthday gift from H)
  4. Put up the shower hooks that were purchased at the beginning of the year
  5. Take 10 minutes to do yoga or go for a walk every day (This was helpful and very enjoyable)
Going to set some lofty kitchen cleaning goals this week, before the start of the Lunar New Year: 
  1. Download library books onto Kobo
  2. Put up the shower hooks that were purchased at the beginning of the year
  3. Sleep before 11PM, and wake up before 7AM every day
  4. Clean hood fan
  5. Clean stove
  6. Organize spices, coffees, and teas in pantry

Don't forget mercury is also in retrograde until Feb. 3, so continue to be extra vigilant, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment