Ads

Friday, August 13, 2021

2021-31 || second dinner

Recently, I've been having two dinners, one with the baby, and one after she's asleep. I do this partly because her bedtime routine completely drains me, and I get so hungry by the time she's in her crib, one hour after we've eaten dinner together. The second reason is that I just want to enjoy my food without a baby asking me for things!


H went to pick up pasta from Anton's the other night, while I finished cleaning up our first dinner, and I think he ordered the Penne Alla Calabrese, except we swapped it for fusili. In my mind, fusili traps in more sauce in the spirals... Does anybody know if that's actually true? 

Anton's Pasta Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

H also mentioned that they originally weren't going to give him bread and butter (how dare they!), but when he asked, they were very obliging and gave him two large buns to go, with lots of whipped butter packets. This pile of pasta was probably possible to make at home for less than half the price. On the menu, it costs $20 a plate, before tax and tip, which sounds like a lot, but the flavour, the convenience and the volume makes up for it. Although the quantity is slightly smaller when you do take out, we could only finish one bun and maybe 2/3 of the pasta between the two of us. 

The leftovers were saved for the next day, and it was even tastier after the pasta had marinated overnight in the tangy tomato sauce.   

I could probably have finished the whole thing by myself if it wasn't for the first dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment