Ads

Monday, August 16, 2021

2021-32 ||

Our weekends have been taken over by meals out with friends and family. We visited Egg & Co. this morning for brunch, and thank goodness my FIL arrived at 9AM, because the tables had filled up by the time we all arrived at 9:30AM. 

Starting with dessert first, here's an order of pancakes. It comes in a stack of four pancakes, and usually the strawberry compote and cream would be piled on top, but we asked for it on the side, so that baby S could also have some. 


My truffle mushroom eggs benedict, with a side of sausages: 


My MIL had the truffle mushroom eggs benny too, just without the sausages because it's one of her days to eat vegetarian. 

This was the chef's special, pulled pork eggs benedict, look at H's hand, eagerly waiting to dig into his food: 


And my FIL had the prawns and chorizo hash, which looked fresh and amazing: 


Crispiest hash browns in Vancouver? Possibly. 

Eggs benedict were tastier than they looked! 

Definitely order the pancakes, even just to share. 

I had an orange juice, and I did not like the particular flavor of the one they serve, so I wouldn't order it again. H and I both liked their drip coffee, while his mom thought it tasted bland. I concluded that the quality of their beverages is subjective, but the general consensus is that their food is great, and we would all come back again.   

Egg & Co. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I'm extremely grateful for these opportunities to meet with people face to face, because I've been getting annoyed by my coworkers, friends, and family when we have conversations online, via instant messaging or text messaging. I would just be quietly swearing in my head, when I see their text flash across my phone screen. Then, I start questioning why I keep in touch with these people, because it's so frustrating sometimes when I read their nagging requests or petty complaints. For example...

Person 1: "Can you figure out how to return this for me?" Why can't they figure it out themselves? I'm not your secretary.

Person 2: "I bought too much food!" First world problem, my insides are clenching at the thought of the food that will be wasted. 

Person 3: "Did you do this already? I didn't see the reply, so I just assumed that you didn't." Why did you bother messaging me about it then, you twat?

I have started to ignore some of my messages these days, for my own sanity.

In person though, I love these people, and could spend a long time with them. I like having meals with them, I like taking walks or going shopping with them. I don't mind being in the same car. It's interesting how our online personas can be so different from real life. 

Maybe I don't like having my attention and time taken away by my messages from what is happening in real life. I'll just have to get better at ignoring the things that don't matter in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment