Ads

Sunday, August 1, 2021

2021-30 || difficult questions

P brought over cheesecake tarts from Castella Cheesecake, Inc.:  


This was really not my jam - the filling was too salty, and the crust was too thick. You know that feeling in your mouth when everything clumps together, and makes your mouth dry? On top of the texture, the flavours didn't blend well together. At first, I thought it's just the way this should be, and it was my own personal preference. Then, H confirmed that my taste buds weren't delusional, and that it was indeed not good. 

There really isn't enough time or energy to spend on bad desserts.

Time is a very limited resource, and I've lately been very focused on being more efficient with my productive time so that I will have more availability to lie around and do nothing at all. Because of this, I've also been wondering about how I spend time with the people in my life. The question that has been on my mind lately is why am I still friends with this or that person, even though most of our values are so different?

I asked this question to one of my best friends. and their answer was that even though people change and values change, we have lots of history with them, and fate brought us together, so now we are stuck together. 

My response to that was, "What about our other friends who we no longer keep in touch with? Fate brought us together, we also have lots of fond memories, and similar interests."

Friend - "We drifted. I think people remain friends if they are happy while spending time together. Also, somebody initiates, so we hang out."

Is it is as simple as one person initiating? What about shared interests, beliefs, mutual benefits, sense of humor, sense of adventure? Sometimes, it just feels so easy, like fate was involved to align all the stars to allow us to meet again and again. 

I'm still left wondering about how I can be more intentional with my time with people, so that I can spend more time with the friends and family I truly want to. Don't even get me started on spending time with coworkers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment