Ads

Monday, May 17, 2021

2021-17 || if it's not broke, still fix it

Needed a long break, and ended up all the way in Richmond, at Machimachi:


I ordered the Mochi Redbean Brulee Matcha Latte/Smoothie, which comes with these mochi balls:  


The bottle is the Black Milk Tea with Panna Cotta, which I left in the fridge and did not try until a few days later. It still tasted fantastic. Together, these beverages cost just about $18... Overpriced? Yes, but I would still go back because it was tasty and the service was super friendly, despite a tad slow. When I asked for "less sweet", the server actually warned me that the matcha might be a bit bitter. It wasn't actually that bitter, and it just tasted like real tea, which I would expect from a drink that costs almost $10! It's still their first month since opening, so I'm sure they'll pick up the pace as they figure out how to do things.

At least I hope they will look into fixing the wait times, otherwise why would I want to come back to wait 30 minutes for a $10 drink? 

Waiting is horrible.

Currently waiting for: 

1 - Next week so that our contractor can start work on the kitchen. We can start fixing our rotting butcher block counter tops, loose back splash tiles, and, as of today, our leaking faucet hose. Good thing we placed a bucket underneath, inside the sink cabinet, because it was full to the brim and just starting to leak out. Also super grateful to be working from home, because otherwise, I would not have been around to hear the drip drip. Lastly, I'm glad we started this kitchen project way ahead of time, because we wanted to fix it before it breaks. 

2 - 1.5 more weeks

3 - 16 weeks for my 2nd COVID-19 shot, and then, reopening the world. Travel (Paris, Korea, Japan, Iceland). Friends, in person, in a small cozy space, sharing food and air.   
  
4 - At least 18 months, for more work changes. Instead of getting slammed by changes, like last time, I want to be the one making the changes. Maybe I am anticipating too much change... The job is pretty great with lots of flexibility, can work from home and catch leaks early. There are annoying things happening that I'd rather not put up with, but for the most part, I still enjoy solving the problems that come up. So... 

5 - Retirement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment