Ads

Saturday, August 8, 2020

2020-32 || my better half

Now that Vancouver has loosened up some of the COVID-19 restrictions, we've felt more comfortable about going out for meals. Last week, after a busy morning of taking care of baby S and household chores, we left the baby with my mum, and went out to run more errands. It was already 2PM by the time we were done, and we finally remembered that we hadn't eaten lunch yet. I wanted a sandwich, and H suggested we visit Cioffi's for some deli food: 

We ordered the ravioli (photo above), a porchetta sandwich, a can of San Pellegrino to cut through the grease of the sandwich, and tiramisu for dessert. The ravioli had been sitting under a heat lamp on the counter for a while, but it still tasted so good, while it was warm. We packed up the ravioli for dinner that night, and by the time we got to it, the flavor seemed to have changed. It was much saltier than I had remembered, compared to when it was fresh. Might not get that again... 


The sandwich was packed full of fresh pesto, tomatoes, and fatty porchetta. My favourite part of the sandwich was the fluffy, crisply toasted bread. It was quite greasy though, as you can probably tell from the wrapper. Compared to another well known, popular sandwich shop, Meat and Bread, I could see why Cioffi's did not have as large of a clientele. The flavor was just not as refined as Meat and Bread, and while it was very tasty, Cioffi's doesn't have as clean of a texture (too greasy). I would come back though, because it wasn't disgusting and it's much more convenient for us to visit Cioffi's in the Hastings Sunrise area. 



We came home, and I finished up sorting through our "dirty clothes" basket (does anybody else have one of these?). Inside the basket was his favourite red plaid shirt, hiding under a few t-shirts and my thrifted chambray Zara dress. I knew right away that he had forgotten it was in the basket, and that if I moved the red plaid shirt to the top of the pile, he would wear it the next day. 

He was happily sporting it the next day, and I was happily rubbing it in his face that I know him better than he knows himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment