Ads

Thursday, June 4, 2020

2020-23 || if life were predictable, it would cease to be life and be without flavor

Hard to believe it's already June 4th, the day before my baby's estimated due date, but it's very unlikely this date will be accurate.  This is possibly a good thing, and I keep reminding myself that I should enjoy the extra time, and peace and quiet of now before the child. On the other hand, I'd like to start the next volume of my life. Soon enough, it'll happen, I guess... 

Meanwhile, every day is an opportunity to try something new. I recently started following Oh Sweet Day!  on Instagram, and scrolled through multiple photos on their page, admiring their beautiful cheesecakes and pastries. H and I saw their booth at the farmer's market, and I could not resist splurging on a $6.50 single portion of cheesecake, with a diameter similar to that of a pop can. My justification was that in these times of COVID-19, we have to support local small businesses! Also, being pregnant has amplified my sugar addiction and cravings by a scale of 10. 

This was the espresso flavored cheesecake: 




Oh Sweet Day! Bake Shop Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



I have to be honest though, this was left in the fridge for maybe 2 or 3 days before I got around to eating it, so it was not the freshest and a bit soggy. Nevertheless, the cheesecake filling to crust ratio was on point (if you dug your fork in from top to bottom, none of that slanted stabbing motion to just get at the top). The espresso flavoring was not overwhelming. Overall, very tasty, but would I go back again for this tiny little cheesecake? 

Probably wouldn't, because I'm not that big of a cheesecake fan. Their other larger cake options look attractive, maybe for the next party or gathering (so in 2021 maybe? ha.)

Other than supporting local, the media has been strongly trending BLM... Today also marks the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square protests in Beijing. Strange how the timing is so similar, 30 years later, and not much has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment