Ads

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

CRACKLE CREME


H and I went to Crackle Crème over the weekend as a break during our walk from Revolver back to where our vehicle was parked, by Main and Broadway. Their selection of flavours has more than tripled since the first time I went, when they opened about 4 years ago. Here are the sesame (on the left, darker colored) and the Grand Marnier (on the right, more orange):


crackle creme, decorated for Halloween


The sesame is one of the original, and still as good as I remembered it to be. It’s creamy and smooth, not too sweet, but full of sesame flavor. The Grand Marnier was a more adventurous flavor for us, and it was interesting, but not something I’d go back for. I can’t wait to revisit and try out all the other ones on the list.

Crackle Crème Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Best of all, the place was completely empty when we got there, around 5PM on a Saturday. It’s so peaceful along Union Street around that time. Actually, when is Union Street really crowded, except with bikers during rush hour?

Even though I’m really enjoying myself this month, it still feels like time is crawling, slower than a snail. Right now, life feels like it’s on pause, while I’m waiting for Audien, for the completion of the apartment, for vacation, for luck to arrive (this phrase makes sense when translated to Cantonese).

My solution to drown out any anxiety and impatience is to watch lots of movies. We went to see Venom last night, great job Tom Hardy, a good mix of laughs and action. I saw Snowden on Netflix tonight, which I thought was very eye opening as it’s based on the true story of the hacker and ex-CIA agent, Edward Snowden. Please send movie recommendations to me so I can distract myself from real life. I’m thinking Ocean’s 8 next.

No comments:

Post a Comment