Ads

Monday, July 30, 2018

2018-30 HEATWAVE

Been too busy living life to write about it. Also, too disorganized to make time for this, but hey! I’m back after a month! July has been non stop, 50% of it work. Where has all the time gone?
Spent a good chunk of the month eating too. Here’s an acai bowl from Radical Juice in Mount Pleasant, a perfect way to cool down during this heat wave in Vancouver:

IMG_20180704_212532_955

I had the berry bowl, which consists of a blend of acai, coconut water, and banana, over a generous serving of granola, berries, and more bananas. I added the nut butter for extra protein and flavour. H had the Dragonfly smoothie, which contained a good kick of ginger, while B had the Island bowl, which was similar to mine but had pineapple and bee pollen instead of the berries and bananas. It’s been about 3 weeks since we visited this little shop along Main Street, and I’m still craving it because I haven’t had a chance to go back yet.

Radicle Juice Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

How do they make their smoothies so refreshing? The consistency if so smooth, and it stays really cold, but there are no extra little chunks of ice, like at other smoothie places (*ahem* Jugo Juice, Buddha-ful *ahem*). Not to put down other places, because these other smoothie joints have their own advantages, but this is a smoothie place I can’t wait to visit again.

It’s been a long month, and I’ve tried to find opportunities to step out of my comfort zone, but it’s been tough. I feel like I want to grow and experience new things, but there isn’t enough space and I’m trapped in this stuffy little room. The end might be near? I might be content with my own air conditioned apartment soon, but it won’t be enough and I’ll want to escape into the mountains, to find waterfalls and glacier fed lakes, and naturally cool down.

IMG_20180730_220500_635

No comments:

Post a Comment