Ads

Sunday, August 5, 2018

2018-26 | P&V WEDDING PT 2

It’s taken me a while to write about the 2nd part of P&V’s wedding (Part 1 can be found here), because it was such a packed day, full of memorable moments that I want to blog about all of it, but which would take forever to actually write up. When in doubt, go back to the basics, so I’m going to start by writing about the feast that P&V treated us to. The dinner portion was at Fortune House, located in Metrotown. We had a typical Chinese-style menu, with multiple courses, including abalone (these were a good size, for larger fist sized image of abalone, see my post about B&S’s wedding)

IMG_20180805_102719_057

…and a whole slice of shark fin, versus the usual bits that are used for soup:

IMG_20180704_211905_421

Traditional Chinese weddings are not for animal lovers. Don’t hate me for eating this and enjoying it, it was already cooked, so might as well not waste it. I know for sure I won’t be having this at my wedding. The rest of the food was fine, I don’t remember too much else from the dinner because of too much red wine.

Fortune House Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

The other very memorable part was the door games, which J, H, and I prepared for in great detail. P loves Winnie the Pooh (which I might have forgotten to mention in this post about her bachelorette at Disneyworld), so we planned around this theme. We made them dress up in Winnie the Pooh themed onesies, and sing Disney love songs before they were allowed into the house to see P (for those who want to see how this went down, leave a comment or email me and I can show you the video). Here’s a shot of the groom in the Winnie the Pooh onesie, and all the other groomsmen:
image

Onesies were purchased online by J. They were a bit pricier, ranging from $30 to about $50CAD, but you pay for what you get, and I think P will be keeping these for a while. The Eeyore suit actually has a tail that attaches/detaches via a button. They were all very warm and cozy, and roomy enough to slip over all their suits. Links here, for those who want to purchse some:

Piglet: https://amzn.to/2KtUd0U
Pooh: https://amzn.to/2AKBP4p
Eeyore: https://amzn.to/2vot36Q
Tigger: https://amzn.to/2M4VOz3

Finally, here’s a photo of me and my lovely fiancĂ© in the morning. We will be taking lots of photos in preparation for our upcoming wedding/engagement photoshoots, and this truly shows how I feel about that (scared and worried about having to smile all day, in case you’re wondering):

IMG_20180805_100627_154
Congratulations P&V.

No comments:

Post a Comment