Ads

Saturday, March 31, 2018

2018-13 – EASTER REVIVAL

Feeling refreshed after spending lots of time with friends and le BF, combined with night skiing at Cypress yesterday:

IMG_20180330_215834_775

…and drinks after work on Thursday at the Irish Heather:

IMG_20180331_190135_039

They don’t skimp on their alcohol here. This bright red negroni just melted all my stress from  Thursday (end of quarter, beginning of long weekend, loads of work). We were a bit too late to get food there, because their kitchen apparently closes at 9PM, but I guess it all worked out because I’ll save those food calories for the carbs from all the alcohol in their drinks.

The Irish Heather Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Pretty good vibes here for catching up with friends who are actually about to leave the city… Goodbye, R! I can’t believe it’s already been 5 years since we became friends. It’s impressive that she spent about the same amount of time in a long distance relationship with her fiance. It’s so important to spend time with your partner, but it’s even more important to spend time apart and become an even better version of yourself. Sorry H! I know you’d like to spend every minute with me, but space is NOT just a word made up by someone who’s afraid to get too close (channeling S and Nick Jonas).

I think this was a weekend for revival (no religious associations intended). It felt like I actually restarted relationships with skiing, my friends, who I don't get to see a lot. Took some great naps, and replanted some dying aloe in my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment