Ads

Saturday, April 7, 2018

2018-14 – the patience of time

Sometimes, it feels like I’m stuck in a moment and time is not really moving, but looking back, where did all my time go? I think I’m just impatient and I want to get to the end of the story and get results. So much change yet nothing has really happened… Talk faster, people!

Here’s an example of my impatience. I got my new Mavic Air and waited and waited for the cherry blossoms to fully bloom, but the trees blossomed about halfway and a rain warning was issued, so I gave up on waiting and went out for this shot:

mavic air

Not bad I guess, but could’ve been more blossom-y.

Waiting for food, also not one of my favourite pastimes. Luckily, B understood that, and for a quick lunch today, we went to Viet House, a nearby pho place on Cambie with good service. She had the #18, Spicy Hue Lemongrass Beef Noodle Soup, ie, BBH or Bun Bo Hue:

Viet House

Why did they rename it to this fully anglicized version? I’m not sure. I had the #17, House Special. Standard soupy noodles that hit the spot and didn’t break the bank. They had beautiful ceramic bowls holding the soup noodle, and I appreciated the cleanliness of the restaurant. If I go back, it would be at night and I would want to try one of their alcoholic cocktails as well.

Viet House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

A Vietnamese restaurant that serves alcohol out in the open with a real liquor license? Awesome.

The rest of this weekend will be dedicated to working on my patience and catching up with friends before flying out to Boston. I might miss a post this coming weekend, because I’ll be hopping over to Florida as well. Sorry.

As my yoga instructor said this week, it’s not always about reaching the destination, enjoy the steps in between too.

No comments:

Post a Comment