Ads

Sunday, June 25, 2017

77/104 STILL FINDING BEAUTY IN THE PROCESS

H’s birthday this weekend, and we went for some good ol’ birthday brunch at Denny’s:

Denny's - It's always sunny-side up in a diner

He had the Grand Slam, which has pancakes, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, and 2 eggs. I had the one with the cheddar cheese melted into the scrambled eggs, which you can see above. Coffee was a must. Also, milkshake as a birthday treat. I don’t mind Denny’s, they’re a pretty decent chain. Good greasy food for a well rounded diet… Potatos are vegetables, right?

Denny's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

We spent the rest of his birthday doing what he loves best – garage sale shopping and eating more. He surprised me with a record player; I brought out the Lionel Richie records that I’d been hiding from him for a month:

UO Crosley, Red Cats Records

Today was a scorcher.

End of the month hike at Sasamat Lake with P+M and young P, which turned into a much longer adventure to find the views at Buntzen Lake Ridge:

sasamat lake

This was a pretty steep hike, and we weren’t prepared for it as we had not packed enough water and food.  I had Hardbite chips (Jalapeno flavored, $2.50 a bag) and a few cherry tomatoes. In this 31°C weather, we barely made it back down to the car. When we did get back to the vehicle, where we had our cooler stashed, we sat right down on the grass next to the car, and started stuffing our faces with the cheese, pita, hummus, and rice balls we were saving for after the hike. No shame.

hardbite jalapeno

Despite P hitting my car, I think we’re still on good terms. Despite older P leaving, among all other changes, I am still enjoying my time here. I can't help forgiving, forgetting, and moving on, there are more beautiful things out there to enjoy:
:butterfree


No comments:

Post a Comment