Ads

Thursday, May 4, 2017

TORONTO, day 1

I’ve always thought of Toronto as the bigger, more stressed out sister of Vancouver.

H and I landed at YYZ at around 4PM, and took the UPX to T&D’s place, in the heart of downtown. On the way to their apartment, we had our first meal in Toronto at a hot dog stand, next to the entrance of the Isabella Valancy Crawford Park. We were ravenous, since our last meal had been about 5 hours ago, so it probably tasted better than it really was, and we could not wait an hour for our dinner reservation at the 360 Restaurant at the CN Tower:

toronto

Sick views of the 6 from the restaurant. It spins around so that the guests experience a full birds eye view of the entire city.
cn twer
We had beer brewed at a local brewery, in Ontario. Pretty good brand, wonder if they have any in Vancouver (my favourite beer is still the Garun stout from Iceland…).
cn tower 360
I had a mushroom soup for appetizer, which didn’t look appetizing but was actually very delicious. No photos because it was just a bowl of grey puke. H had the smoked salmon, and it was as delicious as it looked.

cn tower 360
I had the chicken, cooked to perfection, so tender and juicy. Sides included carrot, squash, some type of greens, and a bread pudding of sorts. I couldn’t finish it, such large portions.
cn tower 360

H had a medium rare porkchop, with brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. Also cooked to perfection, 10 seconds more would’ve ruined it.

cn tower 360

Could not resist dessert, even though I couldn’t finish my chicken. Our server (Mike, I think) sold us the chocolate tower – mousse with berry compote on the side. Oh my buddha, so glad I got this. It really rounded out the entire meal.
360 Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

In total, the bill came to just over $250 for the two of us. Worth it, for the views:

lake ontario

I’m back in Vancouver now, and trying to figure out how I should blog about this whole 9 day trip. I wish I had brought a laptop to document it as it happened, but at the same time, I’m sort of glad I didn’t have this type of assignment to prevent me from enjoying my vacation. Other things did happen later on, but I guess it was all part of the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment