Ads

Friday, May 5, 2017

TORONTO, day 2 // what do you eggspect?


eggspectation
H and I woke up early on Day 2 to get to our next destination – Niagara Falls! We had booked Greyhound tickets for around 11AM, and the ticket recommended being there an hour before departure. Since we wanted to prevent H from getting hangry and scaring innocent pedestrians on the road, we had to get breakfast. We first stopped at Quantum for coffee (more on this in the next post), recommended by T, then walked over to Eggspectation for a full breakfast,


It was a very wholesome, North American breakfast of protein and carbs. I had French toast and H had the omelette that was filled with cheese and toped with salsa  and avocados. My plate also came with some fruit, but I couldn’t get them in the picture (I’m still learning!).

Overall, servers were friendly enough, and even though they never refilled our waters, I was a satisfied customer. It did give off a typical Western breakfast style restaurant, similar to White Spot, so as a tourist looking for exciting new food spots, this is not a place I’d recommend visiting.
Eggspectation Restaurant-Café Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



After breakfast, we wandered around Eaton Centre and explored Uniqlo, since Vancouver does not have one yet and our branch wouldn’t be opening until later this summer. Toronto has some well dressed fashion types, more so than Vancouver, and travelling light does not allow one to be the most fashionably dressed. For this 9 day trip to 2 different climates (after Toronto, I was headed for the Grand Cayman Island), I had a carry on suitcase with the wheels and a Patagonia Black Hole 32L backpack. I think I could have travelled even lighter, had I known that towels could be provided and that we could do laundry.

Note to self, remember to check whether accommodations have towels and laundry facilities.

Side note, being lazy, like I am, also does not contribute to being fashionably dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment