Ads

Sunday, August 7, 2022

2022-30 || heat wave

It has just cooled down these past few days, following a week of over 30 degrees during the day, and above 20 degrees at night. We're much more prepared this year for the heat. We turned on the AC, just so we're not melting, and have moved down to the basement to play during the hot afternoon hours and to sleep at night. Otherwise, life has been fairly routine these days - I'm still struggling to get enough sleep and have energy to do all the things I want to get done, S is living her best toddler life, and P is mostly a chill baby. 

H went to get his booster vaccine this week, and came home with Korean fried chicken from the recently opened BBQ Chicken location on Hastings in Burnaby


The packaging is impressive and innovative:     


Chicken on the right side, soy garlic: 


The left side, Secret Sauced Chicken, slightly spicy:


Both are the boneless option, but didn't actually come with that much meat. The meat itself was a tad dry. The chicken skin was still on it, and it came out quite tough to chew. As you can see in the photo, sauce was not distributed evenly across the entire piece of chicken:  


I would not reorder from here again, even though they're opening up stores around the Lower Mainland like wildfire. We'll stick with Chicko Chicken, which I haven't blogged about, because we usually eat it so quickly before I have time to remember that I want to write about it!

This weekend has heated up again, but not to the unbearable level that we have to turn on the AC. It's convenient to have AC, but I feel uneasy whenever I think about how I'm adding hot air to the already burning world outside our window. How do you stay cool without using AC? 


No comments:

Post a Comment