Ads

Sunday, June 19, 2022

2022-24 || when the kids become teenagers

I have found a new way to survive toddlerhood with S. So far, it has been a time of nap refusals, becoming overtired, followed by tantrums due to exhaustion. Regardless of time or mood, she constantly demands to be picked up so that she can look in the fridge and pantry for snacks. 

I have started to imagine her as an aloof teenager, who will be too busy to be home for meals, so I don't have to cook or clean up after them. 

Me - "You coming home for dinner?"
S - "No, I have plans, bye. Taking the car e-bike."   
Me - "Did you need lunch?"
S - "No, I'll buy it, can I have $20?"
Me - "Do you want breakfast?"
S - "No, going back to sleep."

HA. I laugh because I bet she still won't sleep in past 7AM when she's a teenager, because I sure didn't. 

I'm sure there will be other things to be concerned about, as there always is with offspring. It's never easy, but anything worth having in life is worth working for. 

My usual coping method for stress continues to be chocolate chip cookies. I guess my post partum hormones are still influencing my food cravings. We finally had time to stop by Nemesis Coffee, and I could not resist a $5 chocolate chip cookie:  


They call this their chocolate cashew cookie, baked in their Dope Bakehouse. Crispy, yet soft, with a hint of salt to kick up the sweet, as well as pools of melted chocolate. This is the best chocolate chip cookie in Vancouver, the GOAT of chocolate chip cookies, followed closely by JJ Bean (that one is a bit too sweet for my liking). 


Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment