Ads

Sunday, June 12, 2022

2022-23 || no time to get sick

This week was ROUGH. The day after her birthday party, H and S both started to show cold symptoms. She needed extra care and lots more love, just like her father. Baby P and I felt a milder version of their symptoms, and we are both well now, but the other two still a bit of snot. 

Moms barely have time to breathe, let alone get sick, but let me tell you, while my body isn't physically ill, my mind is not the healthiest. There were many tears from exhaustion and frustration. It's not easy taking care of the fam mostly by myself (thankful for grandparents!) The most challenging part was being the only parent who was able to talk (H lost his voice), because it was so draining being the only one to reason with a toddler. H has also been sleeping in a separate room, to avoid waking the baby up when he coughs at night. While it's nice to have the whole bed to myself and sleep diagonally, I miss connecting with him right before he drops off to sleep. 

My mood quickly rebounded though, after a day with grandma taking care of the older child, in addition to not being responsible for cooking dinner, and having an hour of "alone time" to drive and pick up used clothing for S.

Also, going for food adventures with the entire family always brightens up my mood, even if the food is not amazing. We visited Minus Cake Boutique this week:  


I found out about this place from P, who ordered my birthday cake from here earlier this year. I imagine they make most of their money from cake orders, because the cafe was dead when we visited. Their menu at the cafe consists of cake and beverage combos, and it is not possible to split up the cake from the drink, because the cake container is the top of the beverage. You can mix and match different cake and drink flavors, but you can't have them separately.  What if I don't want the drink? What if I don't want the cake? I didn't really understand why I couldn't just buy the top of the drink, and eat the cake? It didn't make sense. Did I misunderstand the man behind the counter because I was so tired, or is this really how it works? 


This was the yuzu matcha mousse with matcha green tea latte, and I actually thought it was quite tasty. Strong matcha flavors, and notes of tangy yuzu.

We also had the strawberry shortcake combo, and the tiramisu combo. The strawberry shortcake was fairly standard - I would've expected the cake base to be fluffier, but S loved it and devoured it without complaint.  I've had much better tiramisu elsewhere, so definitely would not recommend ordering that combo. 

Nice ambience inside the boutique/cafe, and it could be a nice place to hang out, minus the cake. Ha. Ha. 


Actually, minus the drink too, it wasn't that good. 

Actually, I won't come back. Cake in a globe on top of a cup is all gimmicks, and for around $15 per order, I'd rather go for higher quality cakes elsewhere (Trafiq!!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment