Ads

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

2022-11 || there is no right answer

We were going to be near the Buddha-full Northwoods location for a meeting, a few days ago, and I thought it would be efficient to have a coffee/pick me up here beforehand:


They have an amazing assortment of healthful foods, which I normally wouldn't order, like salads and vegan cookies (I want that taste of full fat butter!). The thing I was craving was their smoothies, which are fantastic and filling. This one is their seasonal flavour, called The Orchard, which contains apples, almond butter, and "spices". I added in matcha to stay caffeinated and energized throughout the meeting.

I think that meeting was truly one of my best ones so far. Thanks to Buddha-full and mom energy? 

It's also the last one before going on maternity leave, which has officially started, and what a way to start! The baby had flipped over and was breech at my last check up (there was a bit of a kerfuffle about this, I think the doctor was concerned but tried not to seem too stressed), so instead of the usual 10 minute conversation, I had to wait for an ultrasound and it took over an hour instead. Then, I had to go back to the hospital yesterday before 8AM to get another ultrasound and an External Cephalic Version to try to turn the baby. The doctor came in, touched my tummy, and said, "I'll bet you that the baby is now head down."

And he was. 

I'm relieved, but I'm not impressed with how Baby 2 is starting our relationship. 

Hence, the delay in posting, and the lack of progress on the list!
  1. Reorganize dining area and move the IKEA LACK and KALLAX shelves
  2. Expand my knowledge of smoothies in Vancouver - continuing this for next week
  3. Take walks every day for 10 minutes consecutively after breakfast, not for work - 2 out of 7 days? 
  4. Pack baby bag 
  5. Pack my hospital bag
For week 11: 
  1. Reorganize IKEA KALLAX shelves
  2. Create a new changing station on the main floor of our house, so that I don't have to keep walking upstairs to change Baby 2
  3. Expand my knowledge of smoothies in Vancouver
Most importantly, I need to slow down and get lots of rest... Any guesses for when Baby 2 will be here?

No comments:

Post a Comment