Ads

Saturday, March 26, 2022

2022-12 || back to newborn life

Baby P is here! 

He came out in two pushes, he screeched once, and I had zero stitches. He really isn't much of a crier, which makes me  wonder if there's something wrong. 

There's really no winning here - if he's loud, I'll worry. If he's quiet, I'll worry more. 

Just like how my mom worries that I'm not eating properly, especially during the first month post partum when nutrition is the most important, followed closely by ginger water baths, and no touching of any unveiled water (BIGGEST EYE ROLL). Little does she know, I've already snuck in some pastries from Livia:


I was craving a chocolate chip cookie with salt on top, so H ventured out with Baby S (can I keep calling her a baby now that she's almost two?!) to pick one up for me and burn off some energy. 

The cookie tasted homemade, I could probably make a similar one following this recipe that I love. It just wasn't the oozy cookie that I was craving. Don't get me wrong, it was still tasty and I devoured it.

The orange danish was quite tart, too much for my liking. The pastry itself was very flaky and crispy, loved it. Baby S had their croissant, which she would not share, a sign that she really loved it. The peach danish we had the next day, and it was not good - would recommend eating fresh to avoid it becoming soggy. Overall, the pastries at Livia weren't mind blowing, but I wouldn't mind going to try their brunch menu, maybe with the kids? 

Worries about his quietness aside, we are making many memorable moments together with baby P. I'll always remember the first time he pooped, startled himself, and burst out crying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment