Ads

Sunday, February 27, 2022

2022-09 || multitasking machine

I have become a multitasking machine with work, pregnancy, and toddler care duties - any other work from home moms out there trying to finish off a work call, type up their emails and notes, while putting their grouchy toddler down for a nap AND getting kicked in the ribs? 

To do all the things, I try to keep my energy levels up by either eating large quantities of food or eating quality food with lots of nutrients. At the beginning of the 3rd trimester, my cravings were for sugary foods - ice cream, pastries. Now, in my 36th week, I still want sugar, I still want dense energy rich foods, but there is no space for my stomach to expand to accommodate solid foods. On top of all that, despite the weather going below zero this week, I've been craving icy desserts, like smoothies, acai bowls, bingsoo... 

The closest smoothie source for me is Juice Truck


This is the Almost PB&J , which has the following: 

Blueberries, strawberries, peanut butter, hemp, banana, Body Energy Club Clean Vegan Protein, date, almond milk

Surprisingly refreshing, and could not stop drinking it until the last drop was slurped up. Their recipe is basically a peanut butter milk shake. This kept me full for about 3 hours, while I was on the road for work and things. 

Is the Juice Truck actually a healthier option, or is it just the marketing? I feel like it could just be marketing. 



The end of February has been busy, but not as stressful as the rest of the month. I skipped the To Do last week. Life became too hectic. I hadn't slept properly all week/all month. Blahblah, excuses. Anyways, here's an update from the week before last
  1. Figure out how much RRSP I should purchase to avoid being taxed 
  2. Don't eat out on weekdays, so that I can accumulate more funds to buy RRSP's
  3. Make gochujang soup (this turned out really well! I modified this recipe, used pork neck bone and lots of carrots, and did not use perilla or basil leaves)
  4. Reorganize the dining area so that my chair isn't always backing into the IKEA LACK shelf that's behind my usual seat at the tables
  5. Wake up at 6AM every day (this was never going to happen, who am I kidding?)

This week!
  1. Reorganize dining area and move the IKEA LACK shelves
  2. Expand my knowledge of smoothies in Vancouver
  3. Take walks every day for 10 minutes consecutively, not for work
 Lots of other things happening, will update next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment