Ads

Sunday, February 20, 2022

2022-08 || this is why i don't take naps

It's 2AM, and I have been journaling, watching Youtube (currently obsessed with Sarah's Day), researching smoothie shops around Vancouver, listening to H snore in the other room, and craving this soy based ice cream from SoyTalk:

Tried it last Wednesday, while out with the Shark, and while he didn't think it was creamy enough, it completely hit the spot for me. All their delicious treats (cakes, drinks, ice cream) is made with soy, using a Japanese/Taiwanese (I can't recall which) technology. They have their own machine in house to manufacture this, and you can see it from the shop entrance. 

I had the sesame flavour, while the Shark had the oreo. Ice creams were topped with a crispy shaving of soy beans, which looks like meat floss, has very little flavour, but adds on a new dimension of texture to the ice cream. We were sitting there for over 30 minutes, and it had barely melted - great for hot summers, which I'm sure are coming for us with climate change in the air. 

The doctor told me the other day that the baby isn't quite head down yet, and now that I think about it, I haven't had as much discomfort down there as with the first pregnancy. S was head down the whole time, and it was horrible to walk around at all. This time around, I've been walking around more for work, so I was really hoping gravity would do its job properly. 

Hope the baby will come out healthy, and that I'll be able to get a few hours of sleep tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment