Ads

Monday, February 7, 2022

2022 - 06 || mondays are magnificent

I love Mondays. After a weekend of free time and no structure, it feels great to start the day off with a routine - coffee, put away dishes, breakfast, go to work. Especially nice when it's a sunny day, and I can take out the trash without wearing a rain jacket. Can you tell I'm over 30? 

Spending my Monday with a beautiful chocolate salted caramel donut from Punk Rock Pastries. Fluffy, stuffed to the brim, and a great balance of sweet and salty. I will be back for more funky pastries and cookie pies. 


I don't typically wear a lot of make up, whether it's Monday or Thursday, maybe a dab of highlighter, a swipe of mascara. It's extra nice to not wear any at all, so that I can rub my face whenever I'm tired. 

And let me tell you, I have been so tired this week - my energy levels from when I cleaned the stove on Monday to when I finally had time to get hot chocolate on Sunday are completely day and night. That's partly why I missed the post yesterday, because I needed a nap instead. Did I even sleep at all this week? Was I home at all this week? Did I do any of the things that I said I would? 

From week 5 of 2022!

  1. Clean stove

    This was deeply satisfying, and it only took about an hour with the Easy Off oven cleaner. learning so much from GoClean's Instagram



  2. Organize spices, coffees, and teas in NEW PANTRY! Our new shelves are coming in this week!

    This was very exciting, but they ended up leaving flaws, so they'll likely have to come back to finish off a few things. I haven't had the energy to figure out how to put things back, but H has kindly started off the project, so I'm going to leave it with him. Lovely to have a useful husband. :)

  3. Finish Tales from the Cafe, Before the Coffee Gets Cold
  4. Fix the broken drawer on baby S's changing table
  5. Go for hot chocolate at Coho Coffee, Beta 5, and/or Beaucoup. 

    We went to Beta5, and I'll post about that in the future. 

This week will be a continuation of last: 
  1. Finish Tales from the Cafe, Before the Coffee Gets Cold 
  2. Fix the broken drawer on baby S's changing table
  3. Go for hot chocolate at Coho Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment