Ads

Sunday, January 30, 2022

2022-05 || crispy

One of our friends highly recommended Saku recently, so we took a trip out to the Broadway location. Parking is horrific there, because of all the construction and roadwork, so H dropped me off first to get a table. We arrived a few minutes before they opened, and lucky for us, it was completely empty, so they didn't make us wait for the whole group to arrive before getting seated. 

M and P were also able to join us, despite staying out late the previous night and probably feeling exhausted since they don't usually get up so early. I feel like I motivated them to get out of bed and make the most of their day - what else are friends for? 


H and I ordered the assorted the Zenbu Katsu set, which comes with everything - pork, chicken, tempura, shrimp, cheese! It was amazing: 


Great value here, especially because rice, soup, and salad are unlimited. The most mind boggling part of it was that the breading was extremely crispy, but not greasy at all. When I reheated the leftovers the next day (YES! We had leftover katsu because there was a generous pile of meat!) in the airfryer, the pork was still tender and not soggy. 



I can't wait to come back with baby S and the rest of the fam. Here's us at the restaurant. I'm trying to take my photos before we dig in, asking her not to stick her hands in yet. She's actually quite patient, and usually won't scream or whine while waiting for food or waiting for the rest of us to finish eating. 

Unless she's overtired. 

Lately, she's been fighting her naps, and it takes more time and energy to put her to bed than the actual time spent sleeping. She's gotten so strong and good at clinging to me, twisting her body into an angle where I can't maneuver her into her crib. She is clearly tired too, because she's resting her head on my shoulder and her eyes are drooping. I love the extra hugs and cuddles, but I also want my own time to get stuff done! 




This week felt super productive, but does my list of to do's reflect that? 
  1. Download library books onto Kobo (I tried! I really did, but I couldn't figure it out, and have given up because it's the Kobo Touch and it lags too much for me to patiently fiddle with it right now)
  2. Put up the shower hooks that were purchased at the beginning of the year
  3. Sleep before 11PM, and wake up before 7AM every day (haha, this was never going to happen). 
  4. Clean hood fan (before and after! this was extremely satisfying)

          5. Clean stove (doing this tonight, I swear)
          6Organize spices, coffees, and teas in pantry

Week 6 of 2022 is the start of Tiger year... Lunar new year always feels more like an actual start of a new year for me than Jan. 1. I love reading my zodiac's predictions for the year, and so far, everything points go money! I wonder how that will work because I'll be starting mat leave soon, so that will actually be a significant decrease in income.

  1. Clean stove
  2. Organize spices, coffees, and teas in NEW PANTRY! Our new shelves are coming in this week!
  3. Finish Tales from the Cafe, Before the Coffee Gets Cold. 
  4. Fix the broken drawer on baby S's changing table
  5. Go for hot chocolate at Coho Coffee, Beta 5, and/or Beaucoup

No comments:

Post a Comment