Ads

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

2021-15 || hardworking

Haven't been eating out as much because we are saving up for house projects, which means less motivation to blog. It also means cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner for me and the baby when H has shift work, and I have very little energy left after cleaning up.  Long days are long.

Another thing this means is that it's a real treat to get take out! We had Earl's the other day, and I'm not sure if it's actually that good or if it's because I haven't had that dirty restaurant food in a while. 

Which burger has the vegetarian patty? 




I couldn't tell just from looking at them, and when I took a bite, I actually preferred the vegetarian! This was the Impossible burger from Earls. 


It smelled like real meat, it felt like real meat, it tasted better than real meat... Somebody said that maybe it's because they grill it on the same surface as regular burgers, so the vegetarian patties soak up all the delicious grease from beef patties. That might matter to the strict vegans and vegetarians, but for me, I'm taking one small step to a smaller carbon footprint. 

Earls Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

We also ordered truffle fries and yam fries to go with the burgers. Don't bother with truffle fries, not enough truffle flavour, might as well save the $2.50 and get regular fries.

Despite having to cook all my own meals (definitely was spoiled by office lunches pre-COVID), I am infinitely grateful to be able to work from home. In place of commuting to the office, I've used that time to cook lunch, and can have all my meals with my baby, but I wish I could have even more time with her. Ideally, I'd spend all my time going on walks around the neighborhood with her or banging toys together, instead of having to do adult things that will keep us alive, like cook food and make money to purchase said food. 

To maximize on a 24 hour day, so that I can spend time with her, finish all my work, and play Pokémon Snap, I'm going to try to wake up at 5AM, drink lots of coffee and generate more mom energy to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment