Ads

Thursday, April 22, 2021

2021-14 || hoax

Lately, I've been reading more about creating my dream life, versus waiting for life to happen. Part of it is taking the time to figure out what I want, other than be independently wealthy. Wouldn't it be nice to be a billionaire (millions won't really get you much these days)? With all that money, I could live a life where I can eat dim sum and hang out at the restaurant for hours, without worrying about going back to work or going home to do chores. 

Dim sum is usually a weekend brunch option, because it's a time to gather and catch up with each other. During my entire childhood, we would spend hours hanging out at Chinese restaurants for dim sum every Sunday. We would walk over to the restaurant after Chinese school, and wash down our greasy dim sum with dark, dark tea. My aunts and uncles would read newspapers, while my cousins would just hang out, read a book, play on our old school grey Gameboy (we shared one). 

Even now, during a pandemic, we still crave dim sum. Picked this up from Shanghai Lu for lunch over the weekend: 

 
Service was friendly and efficient, could order food quickly over the phone, and pick up went smoothly. They have a gigantic tank of handsome goldfish right by the entrance, which provided some amusement as I waited for the server to bring out the packaged food. 

Shanghai Lu Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

When we took our first few bites though, we agreed that it tasted a little bit different than usual, with a tinge of an herbal, medicinal note. Overall, still pretty delicious, and might go back if I'm ever in the area. 

Also, part of my dream life would involve eating dim sum without worrying about spreading COVID-19. Last night, while exploring Instagram, I came across an account of somebody from Ontario, who was protesting the lock down in their province. He acted and spoke like a rational human being, until he announced that he was standing in front of Doug Ford's house with a few others. They were all maskless, and very bitter about losing his job and supposedly not being able to afford breakfast. The comments on the post were very supportive of this man's actions, and I was shocked to see how this group of people could be in such denial. They truly believed that the Canadian government is restricting their freedoms with this virus hoax. 

Yesterday, I drove my dad to a vaccination site, he has his first shot now, and I'm going to encourage the rest of my family to get vaccinated as soon as they can. All part of building my dream life of being able to hang out with the entire extended family again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment