Ads

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

2021-09 || half

Recently, I've noticed a pattern of halves in my life.

It was Baby O's 100 day birthday, and K did such an amazing job planning a virtual dinner for all of us. She ordered a banquet from Western Lake, had them separate each of the dishes into individual portions instead of the usual large share plates for a banquet style Chinese dinner, and then delivered each individual package of food to all the friends and family who were attending.

What a brilliant idea during this stupid pandemic, to ask for individually packaged portions:  




 

From the top left, going counterclockwise - many pieces of crab and lobster, a salad dressing walnut shrimp, fish maw soup, goji berry lychee pudding for dessert. You'll also see a red boiled egg in the photos, which is traditional to have for a baby's 100 day. 

Western Lake Chinese Seafood Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I'm not used to eating so much MSG and flavorful food anymore, and finished maybe half. Except the dessert. I could eat 10 servings of this - super light sweetness and just melt in your mouth. 

Obviously, baby S couldn't have any of this deliciousness, because her kidneys would probably explode from the salt content. She's a pretty good eater in general, but she usually puts down only half her food. The other half ends up on the ground.

Husband does half the chores. He'll do the dishes that are already in the sink, and leave the pots and pans on the stove for me, as well as the used cups and mugs that are lying around the house for me to pick up and wash. 

I feel like I'm doing half my job at work and half my job as a mom. There are a lot of distractions when working from home, and it's just difficult to focus on any one task. Meanwhile, Baby S's schedule is all over the place, because sometimes her grandmother doesn't know what to do with her next and is waiting for me to go on a break to ask me something. 

Then again, maybe I'm being too hard on myself. Week 3 of back to work has just begun... 


Thanks again to K for having us at her baby's 100 day Zoom party, truly a highlight of March. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment