Ads

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

2021-08 || Hi Five

Officially completed 1 week of work after having my first child! I dedicated my whole weekend to celebrating this, and what better way to celebrate than with food? 

Right after logging off on Friday, H and I hopped over to Hi Five Chicken


I came into this with lots of bias. I originally wanted Church's Chicken, because they are by far the superior fried chicken fast food chain with the crispiest fried chicken skin, juiciest greasy meat, and the most satisfying gravy. H convinced me to go to Hi Five because it is closer, and we would be able to drop by J's house for a quick hello from the doorsteps... I was not disappointed. 


With the UberEats BOGO deal, we ended up with a pile of fried chicken and a spicy chicken sandwich: 


Hi Five Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Church's still has my favourite fried chicken, fries, and gravy. Hi Five wins the chicken sandwich game though. Will be back for more. 


Also, high five to me for getting through this week of work, and going straight into it. It feels like not much has changed after 9-10 months - same processes, same programs and tools. The difference is the work from home environment, and a few new faces. With all the conference calls, it's great that most people keep their cameras off. Not only do I get to keep mine turned off as well, but I would prefer not to see certain faces. It's enough to have to listen to their voices blabbing on for 45 minutes about issues that were raised over 2 years ago. 

If you enjoy reading about my work from home and interpersonal dynamics with coworkers, please follow along here! I'm sure future posts will have more on this topic. I know I should let it go, because it's not healthy to keep letting other people's work ethics or attitudes affect my thoughts, but it's also nice to vent once in a while. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment