Ads

Saturday, August 15, 2020

2020-33 || mom pants

Summer has hit Lower Mainland hard with heat waves around the 30's! We've been trying to clear out the  junk from our home, and needed a break. What better way to cool off than with a treat from Glenburn  after a full day of cleaning? 


With the COVID-19 restrictions, we had to order at the door and wait outside to pick up, so we couldn't enjoy the air conditioning inside the store. The wait wasn't too long, but I would order ahead next time to further reduce contact and waiting around on the street in front of the shop.


H and I shared the Peanut Butter Dream, which was made of layers of vanilla ice cream, peanut butter sauce, Reese's pieces, and what they call their "Magic Shell" (chocolate shell), all topped with about 3 inches of whipped cream. Can never go wrong with Glenburn. Looks good, and tastes even better. 

When we returned home, I finished packing away my maternity clothes and sorting through the clothes that I wore before baby S. As expected, I no longer fit into a few pairs of pants, but it was so hard to put them into the donation pile. I've had that pair of navy blue J Crew Minnie pants for at least 10 years, since my first job after graduation. They were my first pair of office appropriate pants. I take care of them by washing as per the manufacturer's directions only, ie taking them to the dry cleaners.

My mother, who was there to take care of the baby as I cleaned, questioned why I didn't just buy a new pair of pants, rather than dry clean them. The cost of dry cleaning throughout all those years would have been equivalent to a new pair every year. For her, it made more sense to have more pairs of pants, to possess more options, rather than waste money cleaning and preserving one pair of pants.

But why do I need 10 pair of navy blue pants that don't fit me well, because they've been warped by improper cleaning?  All I need is just one pair that fits me well. Less waste created, and less clutter in my closet. 

Sadly, they don't fit anymore because my body has changed post pregnancy, but I'm still hanging onto them instead of donating them, in hopes that they'll fit again some day. Perhaps, I'm being illogical with this one pair of pants, because I'm emotionally attached after all these years and if I continue visiting Glenburn on the regular, this baby weight will never come off. I'm on the market for some mom jeans and pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment