Ads

Friday, October 22, 2021

2021-37 || best roti

Fat Mao has been around for a while, and I have never made the effort to try it out. Finally, H and I found a bit of time to sneak away.


How did they get the texture of the roti to be crispy and chewy? It's not like other roti, definitely the best in town. I haven't tried other ones around the world, but dare I say best in the world? 


Then the noodles came. 


I had the Khao Soi, Chiang Mai Curry Noodles, and the broth was essentially the same as the dipping sauce for the roti. The server recommended the wonton noodle with it, so I went with it. They top it off with crispy noodles, interestingly enough. 



A huge chicken drumstick is hidden beneath the pile of noodles. The chicken was a bit too dry for my liking, maybe it sat in the hot broth for too long.

H had the Hot and Sour Pork Noodles, which tasted super refreshing with the lime, and it wasn't too spicy. He chose the wide noodle to go with it. Similar to the chicken, the pork slices were a bit overdone, but otherwise, it was really tasty!

We also had the thai iced tea, to cool off our tongues. 

It was really the best day - date with the husband, checked things off the To Do list, and even had time to play Animal Crossing. Things are looking up. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment