Ads

Saturday, June 5, 2021

2021-20 || don't let one slice ruin the whole pie



We went to Brentwood Mall today, and it felt like such an adventure. It's been a while since we went out with baby S on a relatively longer trip away from home, and we were not prepared. She became quite hangry towards the end, and we really pushed her to her edge by running one more errand...  

Meanwhile, mom and dad were extremely satisfied with their coffees from the new cafe that just opened this week! The main purpose of this mall adventure was to visit Soon Coffee. They had advertised strongly via foodie influencers, and I was definitely influenced by their raving reviews. I can't wait to come back, and sit at the beautiful new food court, and just people watch... 
 
Soon Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

They also serve Lee's Donuts! Another reason to visit again and again. 

I try not to let other people affect my mood, because I can't control what other people do or say. It really was a perfect morning, and then, BAM, somebody says something out of the blue, and I can feel my insides curling into a dark ball. Sometimes, I also feel that same sinking feeling when I say the wrong thing, and I can see the other person is having an adverse reaction to my words and tone. 

Generally, I would just avoid meeting with those people, but I don't want to do this to family members.  It's awkward, but you put up with their sharp comments ("Why did you put this plant here?", "Make sure you exercise", "Don't make this food, do it like this."), because they're relatives, and usually, I do want to keep them in my life. Boundaries are necessary though.

Other than some annoying moments, it was a super good and productive day, so don't let the last few paragraphs trick you into thinking I'm in rough shape! Lots to look forward to this week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment