Ads

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

2020-43 || things have changed very quickly



Lately, baby S and I have been taking morning walks to Bean Around the World. First thing we do is get changed and cleaned up. By 8AM, I'll throw on the ErgoBaby, and head off to Chinatown. 
After trying a few different coffee shops around Victoria, I hate to admit that it's the one from Vancouver that offers the oat milk and espresso combo that I prefer. It's got a full texture to it, and enough caffeine kick. Not too much though, to cause the jitters!

Bean Around the World Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

They have lots of outdoor seating right now, but also offer a few tables inside with the appropriate social distancing. Gets pretty busy here, so we've never sat down and usually wait outside. 


Thank goodness the sun has still been shining, so we can still go on these walks, because I'm not sure how else I would burn off some of baby S's energy in the mornings. It seems she's made another developmental leap overnight, and can flip over from her back onto her tummy. She's also changed her mind about sleeping yet again, and will not take any afternoon naps. Great. 

In addition to this latest baby development, it feels like so many other things have happened suddenly in one weekend, after all of these weekends just meandering around Vancouver Island.  Just as we've been celebrating the most recent progress on the homefront this week, my grandma passes away. She was our family treasure, and it took a while for me to figure out what I was feeling, because I was confused by the relief I felt for her. She had been suffering a lot of old age problems with her health, and I'm hoping she's resting in peace now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment